- 16, the number of Department of Energy national laboratories
- 110,000, the number of employees
- Almost $30 billion, the annual budget for the Department of Energy.
- $180 billion, the value of assets managed by DOE.
- $10 billion, the amount spent on running the labs.
- $6 billion, the annual amount spent on environmental cleanup.
- Nearly $3.5 billion, the administrative, overhead and indirect costs at the labs.
Source: Statement of Gregory H. Friedman, DOE Inspector General, March 14, 2013