Richard Fuld, former CEO of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- Fuld earned about $69.5 million in 2007, the year before Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy in Sept. 2008. From 2000 to 2007, he was awarded about $889.5 million and cashed out about $529 million of that before the company went bankrupt.
- He owns homes in Greenwich, Connecticut, Jupiter Island, Florida and a ranch in rural Idaho.
- Fuld has since started a consulting firm called Matrix Advisors LLC.
Photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP
Jimmy Cayne, former CEO of Bear Stearns Cos Inc.
- Cayne retired from his CEO position in January 2008 after the company said it lost $1.7 billion in bad home loan bets. From 2000 until his retirement in 2008, he brought home about $376.6 million.
- He has residences in New York City's Plaza Hotel, a second New York City apartment on Park Avenue, Long Branch, New Jersey and Boca Raton, Florida.
- Cayne now spends his time playing bridge online and in tournaments.
Photo: Undated Bear Stearns handout/AP
Chuck Prince, former CEO of Citigroup Inc.
- Prince resigned in November 2007 when the company announced it lost as much as $11 billion on subprime mortgage-backed securities. His golden parachute was $28 million, on top of $65.2 million in salary and bonuses since 2000 — a total of $93.2 million.
- He has two homes: one in Nantucket, Massachusetts, and another in North Palm Beach, Florida.
- He’s on the boards of Xerox Corp. and Johnson & Johnson Inc.
Stanley O’Neal, former CEO of Merrill Lynch & Co.
- O'Neal was fired in November 2007 after Merrill Lynch lost $8 billion on mortgage-backed securities, and was given a golden parachute of $161.5 million.
- He has a Park Avenue apartment in New York City and a home in Edgartown, Massacusetts, in Martha's Vineyard.
- O'Neal is on the board of Alcoa Inc.
Photo: Susan Walsh/AP
Kenneth Lewis, former CEO of Bank of America Corp.
- Lewis retired in September 2009 and got a payout of $83 billion in addition to the estimated $138.8 million he took home in cash, bonuses and stock sales between 2000 and 2008 — for a total of $221.8 million.
- He's sold two homes in the past two years: one in Charlotte, North Carolina and another in Aspen, Colorado. He owns a condo in Naples, Florida.