- Who is Manoj Bhargava? The founder of 5-hour Energy is a Princeton dropout, former monk and political kingmaker.
- Companies tied to 5-hour Energy have given at least $5.3 million to help elect state-level candidates since 2009.
- Political giving by companies tied to 5-hour Energy increased as 33 states investigated the company.
- Companies tied to 5-hour Energy have given more than $1.2 million to state attorneys general and their political groups.
- A company tied to 5-hour Energy was one of top five donors to the Republican Governors Association in 2014.